Security Assessment Types
Security Assessments Information security assessments benefit companies by focusing management on areas where reputation and strategic risk can be reduced. Understanding risk requires the analysis of a wide range of information relevant to a particular company’s risk environment. IRG’s holistic assessment methodologies are based on the years of experience our employees have working with large financial institutions and major accounting firms. An annual security assessment should be cosidered an essential metric of every companies ongoing security strategy. Information Risk Group LLC has developed several services based on the needs and request of our customers:
- Customized Security Program Development / Risk Analysis
- GLBA Security Assessments
- HIPAA Privacy / Security Assessments
- Information Security Policy and Standard Reviews
- Penetration Testing (Ethical Hacking)
All reviews are performed in an efficient and timely manner in order to minimize any impact to your company and its personnel. As independent examiners of your company’s overall security strategy, IRG is in a position to offer impartial reporting on the effectiveness of a company’s information security implementation.
Please contact one of our IS specialist to discuss which type of assessment is approprate for your company.
Customized Security Program Development
Starting from the beginning is a daunting task, but every journey begins with the first step. IRG has developed a customizeable approach that will provide your company with a focused methodology for implementing a security program. The first steps involve our information security specialist in coordination with your staff performing a quantitave and qualitative risk analysis using the following 6 steps:
- Gather data and assign monetary value to the information and technology assets of your company.
- Estimate the vulnerabilities and threats to those assets
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing security controls and processes
- Derive the probability of impact and overalll loss potential per threat
- Interview management and senior technical personnel
- Develop recommendations to transfer, reduce, assign, or accept risk
The results of this evaluation will allow your company to control and manage risk based on data and analysis which more accurately reflect the risk and threats within your environment. IRG can then aid your companies infomation security personnel in recommending appropriate safeguards, countermeasures and actions.
Please contact us with any questions you may have on this subject or any other service Information Risk Group offers.
Information Risk Group LLC
Information Risk Group offering information security and risk management services to companies throughout the America